Oldbuggg

C'est votre première visite ? Présentez-vous.

Modérateur : Modérateurs

jaytolkte
Index : 0,7

Oldbuggg

Message par jaytolkte » 20 avr. 2018, 15:38

Star crossed with table tennis

'Why should those of 60-plus use valet parking?' Asked among my Christmas cracker mottos. 'Because valets do not forget where they park your vehicle ' Life does catch up on youpersonally, if my son beat me 3-0 despite the training session at table tennis as I recently found I had put in before we awakened. (From the Oakley family table tennis isn't a gentle ping pong: it closely resembles warfare to the death.) What really stung was his reference that is gracious afterwards to how the outcomes was the other way around ping pong machine man, even if only by a point a game, also to the inevitability of this procedure.

Had poor Kauto Star known human speech that he would have felt much the same after coming home third in the King George at Kempton Park last Saturday, 19 lengths supporting Long Run, the new kid on the block. 'Ah, well, there's an end to every thing that was good,' some of the 15,000 spectators around me said. 'What can you expect from an 11-year-old?' Said others, or'I am glad I saw him in his prime.'

Most of the 15,000, like me, had turned up expecting to find a horse who'd equalled Desert Orchid's list of four victories in the King George score a fifth successive win. However, Kauto Star never traveled with his customary simplicity and from a long way out Tony McCoy worked hard to keep him in the race. He might have completed second but to get a weary horse's blunder in the second-last but was never likely to beat Long Run, whose amateur rider Sam Waley-Cohen had got the glimpse right into a wonderful rhythm and whose mind has been kept entirely at work with the assistance of a set of bright blue earplugs.

In steeplechasing conditions, Long Run, though coming from France with a formidable reputation, is still a baby and yet he seemed to love each minute of the race. Wisely, his coach had told Sam Waley-Cohen,'It isn't important where you are so long as you keep him relaxed'--and he could not have done that better.

After the race Kauto Star's trainer Paul Nicholls was his usual fair, quantified self, insisting that he couldn't have been more happy with his horse's prep and that Kauto Star had just been beaten by a better horse on the day. He added,'There is nothing different I could do. He's got older and he's a little slower.'

Get best ping pong paddle here: https://pingpongstart.com/best-ping-pon ... e-reviews/

For me personally it's much, much too early to begin writing Kauto Star's racing obituary, especially so much as the Cheltenham Gold Cup is concerned. Yesbecause horses change on 1 January, he's a year older at 11. But we are only one year from the King George in which he scored one of the most extensive successes of all time, coming home over 30 lengths clear of an excellent field.

Look, too, at the present fortunes of the Henderson and Nicholls yards. Both are Rolls-Royce establishments presided over by masters of the craft of horses for races that are large. But the best of yards have great days and better days, great months and months. From time to time, but well a coach is doing things the water, the overall ambience of the lawn that takes a 5 per cent edge off the horses' performances. Paul Nicholls is as thoughtful and as thorough but statisticians notice the ratio of his own horses is currently well behind what it had been when Kauto was winning his four King Georges.

Nicky Henderson, meanwhile, is going through a patch that encompasses every color of purple. On the nine-race card at Kempton, the Lambourn supremo, with a specific affinity with the Thames-side course, won no fewer than five races. After taking the lead it would have been had not A Media Luz capsized at the last just. By a 7lb-claimer, Nicky can win with the kitty ridden on present form.

Yes, Kauto Star was good as Paul Nicholls could get him on the day. But, given the way was that attainable'great' as good as he's been in King Georges? Yes, Long Run is a powerful prospect that has started what may be a streak of victories from the King George a year sooner than Kauto Star did. But the King George isn't the only ping pong table reviews single major race in the calendar and, since Paul Nicholls reflected soon after Kauto's defeat, but it may well be that if he is a lawn or two slower than that was he could now be better suited by a more demanding track. Extended Run, for all his promise, has disappointed at Cheltenham. The 12-1 accessible following the King George over Kauto Star's chances of winning back the Gold Cup may nevertheless end up being the offer of this season.
Dernière modification par jaytolkte le 28 sept. 2018, 17:07, modifié 1 fois.

Lovecat
Modérateur
Modérateur
Index : 18,4

Re: Oldbuggg

Message par Lovecat » 21 avr. 2018, 07:46

Salut !

C'est court comme prez.

Bienvenu ici.
Je ne travaille jamais. Je ne me repose pas non plus. C'est juste la vie qui passe.

La difficulté est grande de rendre savant celui qui ne fait rien ; parce que son ignorance lui fait croire qu'il en fait plus que celui qui entreprend de l'instruire.

choubigolf
Bogey Expert
Bogey Expert
Index : 2,4

Re: Oldbuggg

Message par choubigolf » 21 avr. 2018, 07:49

Salut à toi !

Bienvenue sur le forum
Driver SLDR Fujikura Motore Speeder F1 X
904 F2 13° Aldila VS Proto 80 X
585H 19° Speeder 904HB X
Fers 714 AP2 4-PWSL S300